Santa Cruz High Athletics
Welcome to the home page for the Santa Cruz High Cardinals. Santa Cruz High is a member of the Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League, participating in numerous sports each fall, winter and spring. The Cardinal Teams continue to excel both on and off the "field", earning many impressive league and section finishes, as well as numerous academic honors.
The goal of Santa Cruz High Athletics is to enrich the mental, physical and emotional well being of students by providing competitive opportunities that emphasize the values of sportsmanship, effort, teamwork and commitment.
NCAA Presentation for Students and Parents
For additional information about SCHS Athletics, please feel free to contact the Athletics Director:
Erik Redding, Athletic Director
Phone: 429-3960, Ext. 308
Sports Offered Each Season
Boys'/Girls' Water Polo
In addition to seasonal sports, SC High has a Cheer Squad and Surf Team. The Surf Team is a Club Sport that is independent of the SCCAL. For information on the Surf Team, please contact teacher Steve Virotsko.
Mandatory Triannual Athletic's MeetingsThese are mandatory meetings which meet one time at the beginning of each sport's season. All coaches and players for the current season will attend, as well as at least one parent/guardian per player. One parent/guardian may represent 2 players in the same family. This is a District mandated meeting that is in addition to team meeting(s). District policy on substance abuse, eligibility, and sportsmanship guidelines will be covered. Meeting will last one hour. The 2013 Spring Season Meeting will be on Wednesday, February 13, at 6:00 pm in the SCHS Auditorium.
- Softball: 2011/12 SCCAL Co-Champions
- Football: The 2007/2008 Football Team capped a tremendous season by winning the CCS Small School Division Title.
- Girls' Soccer: The 2007/2008 Girls' Soccer Team earned their second consecutive SCCAL league title with an undefeated regular season. The team was seeded 1st at CCS, ending the season as semi-finalists. The girls were also the Tri Valley Classic Champions (prestigious college showcase); 2009/2010 CCS Finals; 2009/2010 CCS Champs.
- Girls' Tennis: The 2008/2009 Girls' Tennis Team earned a triple crown, winning the league team, singles and doubles championships. This was the third consecutive year the Cardinals won the team title and the fourth consecutive year they captured the singles title; 2008/2009 SCCAL Champs.
- Boys' Tennis: 2009/2010 SCCAL Co-Champs
- Baseball: The 2007/2008 Boys' Baseball Team finished their season with another SCCAL Championship, making it to the finals of the CCS DIII Championships; 2010/2011 CCS Finals
- Girls' Water Polo: The 2007/2008 Girls' Water Polo Team earned their third league championship in a row and their fourth consecutive CCS Academic Title. Four players were named all-CCS student-athletes, with all starters earning all-league honors; 2009/2010 SCCAL Co-Champ; 2010/2011 SCCAL Co-Champs.
- Girls' Basketball: The 2007/2008 Girls' Basketball Team made it to the Finals of the CCS Division IV Playoffs and qualified for the Norcal Tournament for the second year in a row; 2008/2009 SCCAL Co-Champions; 2009/2010 SCCAL Champs; 2009/2010 SCCS Champs
- Boys Basketball: 2009/2010 SCCAL Co-Champs; 2010/2011 SCCAL Champs; 2010/2011 CCS Finals.
- Wrestling: The 2008/2009 SCCAL Champs
- Boys Soccer: 2008/2009 SCCAL Champs; 2009/2010 SCCS Champs; 2010/2011 SCCAL Champs; 2010/2011 SCCS Champs
- Girls' Swimming: 2008/2009 SCCAL Champs
- Boys Track: 2009/2010 SCCAL Champs
- Girls Track: 2009/2010 SCCAL Champs
- Girls Golf: 2012/2013 SCCAL Champions, 2009/2010 SCCAL Co-Champs
- Cross Country: 2009/2010 CCS Finals
Buy SCHS Sports Wear
Purchase SCHS sports wear through Prep Sportswear and they will give 7% of the purchase back to us. It's a great way for you to support the school both on the field and off!
Information for Transfer Students
Students who are interested in transferring to SC High should refer to the CCS Eligibility Rules for transfer students.